Rooster never crow

Lawgirlyjo

Chirping
May 28, 2021
3 month blue cuckoo marans rooster never crowed, never very vocal but does make sound. Today he looked like attempted to crow but no sound came out. Is he maybe just starting to try to crow and will in time or is this sign of gape worm or anything else to be concerned? I have enjoyed have a rooster who doesn’t crow, not aggressive and good being held so never pushed it until saw him today. Eating and drinking well not gasping for air or anything else to note.

Attachments

• 83523A0F-3877-4800-BB21-3A0879E9DDDC.jpeg
    83523A0F-3877-4800-BB21-3A0879E9DDDC.jpeg
    622.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 61C42EBC-AEA3-4DCA-8DF8-8FFC4ED6B3CB.jpeg
    61C42EBC-AEA3-4DCA-8DF8-8FFC4ED6B3CB.jpeg
    956.7 KB · Views: 5
3 month blue cuckoo marans rooster never crowed, never very vocal but does make sound. Today he looked like attempted to crow but no sound came out. Is he maybe just starting to try to crow and will in time or is this sign of gape worm or anything else to be concerned? I have enjoyed have a rooster who doesn’t crow, not aggressive and good being held so never pushed it until saw him today. Eating and drinking well not gasping for air or anything else to note.
He is still young yet, I believe he'll start growing soon. I'm sure he has been practicing, it doesn't sound like gapeworm unless he has breathing problems/raspy breathing + other symptoms of gapeworm.

Oh, it's COMING! :)

Have 4 barn yard mixes that have been crowing for a few weeks now - they are only 8 weeks old :O It was hilarious when they first started crowing - my Arab mare's eye would pop open and she would look at me as if to say 'that noise is coming from that???!!!" hahaha

Back
Top Bottom