Rooster or baby hen?

the way the tail is shaped
Have had pullets with curved tails.
upload_2019-4-23_7-5-34.png

That's what I was hoping for! They run in the big coop and eat with the big chickens and ducks, layer feed.
They look about 2 months old.
Many people recommend feeding something other than layer, like grower, flock raiser, or an all flock feed. This is because the excess calcium is often not the best for mixed flocks (flocks with roosters, hens that aren't laying, chicks, etc). For the actively laying hens, just feed oyster shells on the side.

That's what I got too when I went back and looked at when they hatched and stuff, 2 1/2 months They have chick starter to eat but they still sneak away when I'm not around to make sure they eat just the chick food, and they eat the food that's on the ground for the ducks. :/

They look about 2 months old.
Many people recommend feeding something other than layer, like grower, flock raiser, or an all flock feed. This is because the excess calcium is often not the best for mixed flocks (flocks with roosters, hens that aren't laying, chicks, etc). For the actively laying hens, just feed oyster shells on the side.

Back
Top Bottom