Rooster or Hen? Blue Copper Maran

love.gif
Feeling so much better with all the pullet posts! She's sitting on the back of my office chair now!

I'm new to Blue Copper Marans, so does anyone have thoughts on these two? I am suspecting roosters but wondered what others thought? They are 10 weeks old. The Black Copper Marans I believe to be a hen.

First they are beautiful!!! For me, I think I'd go with Rooster.
Thank you! I am hoping to find someone to give at least one of them a good home, I might try to keep one with my current flock but since I'm new to the breed I am not sure about the temperament and I have a young grandson who loves my chickens so I can't have an aggressive rooster.

They are beautiful! Where are you located kimthorn66? I agree - the black one is a pullet and the other two are cockerels. I live in NW Florida and I can have roosters if we can work something out.
How old is he?

Thank you! I am hoping to find someone to give at least one of them a good home, I might try to keep one with my current flock but since I'm new to the breed I am not sure about the temperament and I have a young grandson who loves my chickens so I can't have an aggressive rooster.

The two blues are cockerels, and the black copper is a pullet. They can be bred together, and make darker blue copper Marans.

I do have to say, we have 8 different lines of Marans, and they have some of the sweetest, beautiful, kindest, balanced and most docile roos if you keep them calm and socialized. Out of the 70+ cockerels and grown males we've had, we have never had any that were even remotely aggressive. All very good boys. Not everyone has a good experience with roosters, but, there are very good ones out there. Just had to put that out there.

Back
Top Bottom