Rooster or Hen PLEASE HELP

ladybug29

In the Brooder
Sep 22, 2015
Loveland,CO
Hi! So I have three bantams. A mottled Cochin, Easter Egger, and a Barred Rock. They are 12 weeks old and were bought as sexed chicks to be pullets. I am very new to chickens. These are my first and I love them to pieces. If I do have a rooster I don't know what I will do as I am not allowed to keep a rooster in the city...although I may try the no crow collar I have read about! I am convinced the Barred Rock is a pullet, but I am a little up in the air about the other two. All three are very friendly and that was not the case when the Cochin was a little chick he/she wanted nothing to do with me. Now the little thing is a lap chicken. The Easter Egger is a little more flighty but still comes running for treats. She/he is also more talkative but no one is crowing at least!

Any Thoughts? Thank YOU!

The first pic is the Cochin, the second is the Easter egger, the third is the barred rock and Cochin, and the last is the Easter egger and the barred rock. They are 12 weeks old.

welcome-byc.gif

I'm also on the fence with the Cochin. It's way redder than I'd expect from a female this age, but way smaller than I'd expect from a male. I'm leaning toward the male side......post again in a month or so, so we can see how things go?

Yes I can do that I have been on the fence with the cochin since she/he was 8 weeks old. That's when the comb changed to a reddish colo but has not changed in size at. I will update the pics over the next month! Thanks everyone for the feedback. I am glad the other two look like pullets!

The cochin is a female. I have a little one of the same breed who acted very flighty at a younger age and is now my snuggle buddy. That comb and face looks like pullet to me. That looks like how my little hen looked at that age!

Thanks for the response! That makes me feel better knowing that someone else had a pullet cochin bantam that did the same thing. I will try to get a pic of her tail feathers on here too.

Hi everyone. Just a quick update. The girls are 19 weeks and it appears they are all pullets. No crowing anyway. I will get a picture posted tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom