Rooster or Hen?

Oct 19, 2018
My lovely girl grew up to be really (really) big, and recently started crowing well before dawn. I'd be super bummed if she is a he because I can't have roosters in my city. I got her/him with some other chicks in May of this year, the sign said red cochin but from what I see in photos I find online, she/he might be a partridge cochin. I've had several flocks but never a rooster so I'm clueless. I've had hens go through crowing phases as well, and exhibit aggressive behavior which I corrected by separating the hen for a while...in comparison this one is really quite sweet (other than the pre-dawn crowing)

Any help would be most appreciated, I do need to find her a new home asap if it turns out she is a he. I have her in isolation right now, hoping for an egg.
IMG_0445.jpg
IMG_0446.jpg
IMG_0447.jpg

My lovely girl grew up to be really (really) big, and recently started crowing well before dawn. I'd be super bummed if she is a he because I can't have roosters in my city. I got her/him with some other chicks in May of this year, the sign said red cochin but from what I see in photos I find online, she/he might be a partridge cochin. I've had several flocks but never a rooster so I'm clueless. I've had hens go through crowing phases as well, and exhibit aggressive behavior which I corrected by separating the hen for a while...in comparison this one is really quite sweet (other than the pre-dawn crowing)

Any help would be most appreciated, I do need to find her a new home asap if it turns out she is a he. I have her in isolation right now, hoping for an egg.
View attachment 1565522 View attachment 1565523 View attachment 1565524
He is gorgeous!

Back
Top Bottom