Rooster or Hen?

Chiknlady28

Chirping
Mar 24, 2018
Hey all! We inherited 7 chicks from a farm down the road from us. He said they were about 8 weeks old. It might just be me, but I’m quite certain they were only about 4-5. Anyway, they’re small; much smaller than our other chicks at 8 weeks. Fast forward to about 3 weeks later, they should be about 12 weeks. We were hoping for at least 1 Roo to add to our flock, but I’m not certain if we even got one. These pictures are hard to tell because they definitely weren’t hand raised so still a tad skittish and most are laying. We have 2 that have tails starting to curl downward, but no attempted crowing has happened, either. The two I think are roos are the dark red and black and the one standing. Help a novice out, please!

Attachments

• C78C9F8F-D73F-4CE5-8CC8-69339FE23E44.jpeg
    C78C9F8F-D73F-4CE5-8CC8-69339FE23E44.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
Hey all! We inherited 7 chicks from a farm down the road from us. He said they were about 8 weeks old. It might just be me, but I’m quite certain they were only about 4-5. Anyway, they’re small; much smaller than our other chicks at 8 weeks. Fast forward to about 3 weeks later, they should be about 12 weeks. We were hoping for at least 1 Roo to add to our flock, but I’m not certain if we even got one. These pictures are hard to tell because they definitely weren’t hand raised so still a tad skittish and most are laying. We have 2 that have tails starting to curl downward, but no attempted crowing has happened, either. The two I think are roos are the dark red and black and the one standing. Help a novice out, please!
3 EE cockerels.
Screenshot_20210814-085524_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210814-085536_Chrome.jpg

Back
Top Bottom