Rooster or large hen

Cickenlover

In the Brooder
May 2, 2021
I purchased 6 female chicks 17 weeks ago. However when arriving at home we found we were sent home with 8 chicks. Now I am aware of 2 roosters...at least I am pretty sure 2 roosters...the one is crowing already and is now wearing a no crow collar. I am okay with keeping one but concerned 2 roosters with 6 hens may be too much. The 2 roosters were sold to me as Olive Eggers. The one in question is quite large and in looks and actions with hens appears to be a rooster but no crowing. Would anyone like to have a nice rooster? I hate to see him killed. He seems harmless. Or could his be a large hen who likes to jump on top of smaller hens?

Attachments

• 855D351F-7BBB-406A-A5ED-0A0ACC019F51.jpeg
    855D351F-7BBB-406A-A5ED-0A0ACC019F51.jpeg
    937.6 KB · Views: 27
I purchased 6 female chicks 17 weeks ago. However when arriving at home we found we were sent home with 8 chicks. Now I am aware of 2 roosters...at least I am pretty sure 2 roosters...the one is crowing already and is now wearing a no crow collar. I am okay with keeping one but concerned 2 roosters with 6 hens may be too much. The 2 roosters were sold to me as Olive Eggers. The one in question is quite large and in looks and actions with hens appears to be a rooster but no crowing. Would anyone like to have a nice rooster? I hate to see him killed. He seems harmless. Or could his be a large hen who likes to jump on top of smaller hens?
My guess - a roo.

Welcome to BYC! Yes you are right, 2 roosters would be too many for 6 hens. If you tell us your location, you may have a better chance of finding someone who wants him. Also try craigslist and local poultry swaps....

Welcome to the forum from Louisiana.

With those hackle feathers that is a boy.

You an go to the free rehome or buy sell trade section of this forum and place an ad. Put your location and olive egger rooster in your thread title to attract the right people. Maybe check at the feed store, many of them have bulletin boards where you can post an ad.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom