1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Rooster Pic

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Buster, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Many of you know how I feel about animals at my place- that they have to serve a purpose. Here is a pic of a rooster that we keep around that serves no purpose whatsoever- he's not the head roo and we don't really have any plans for him but he gets to stay here because we think he's too cool looking to get rid of. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

He's our EE Roo.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2008
  2. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Very pretty [​IMG] I love my EEs.

3. Zookeeper9000

Zookeeper9000 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Gladstone MI
    Nice boy Buster, I would have to keep him too.

Hey are you planning a litter of heelers soon. If so will you pm me with info on the price and stuff. Thanks

4. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Yes I plan another litter in the spring. I skipped this last heat cycle for her and am planning on breeding her in the spring. I'll PM you.

5. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Quote:Thanks. I really like him. I may separate him with my EE hens in the spring, but I have so many projects going that I would need another building. [​IMG]

6. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    he's foxy. that's his purpose! lawn ornament! he's a cutie!

7. tomcio

tomcio Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2008
    So that's where Peter Griffin hides between Family Guy episodes!

8. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    That is one handsome fella! Do you know his genetic makeup (which breeds). He is really cool looking and I love his grey beard/tail.

Jody

9. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Quote:Well, his dad looked just like him with blue on the chest and yellow hackles and saddle(they called him Lemon Blue) and his mother was blue. His daddy is actually Bammony's avatar.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2008
  10. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

He's really good looking, Jared. I adore my Ameraucanas and my one Easter Egger girl. Get him some ladies and his own kingdom! I bet lots of people would like to buy eggs from that boy's women.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by