Rooster put into prison!

joebryant

Crowing
11 Years
Apr 28, 2008
SW of Greenwood, INDIANA
I just now put my never-stop-crowing rooster into a practically sound-proof coop, and he's going to stay there for at least a month. I've had it! I swear to God, his crowing had me so upset today that I got a really bad headache and actually vomited. My closest neighbors insisted that his crowing was not bothering either of them; well, IT BOTHERS ME. I really and truly like the guy even though Anne had to tell him today that he's not her type. Whatever, I've already had a heart attack and three strokes, one severe, so if it's coming down to being him or me, it ain'ta gonna be ME.

Quote:
lau.gif
and I guess you think locking him up for a month will stop him crowing ? NOT EVEN . Sounds like you need to get rid of your rooster instead of locking him up . KINDA LIKE COCK ABUSE ....
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

hmmm one can only guess what your eating this thanks giving holiday....
lol.png
D.gif

Just kidding...... maybe

Turns out that it's not Tristan the rooster's fault that I'm so sick. I had a flu shot Friday and now I'm having a reaction to it. It's like I have the flu. 3:19 A.M. here now and I've thrown up everything I've eaten for a month and am having dry heaves repeatedly. I have a temp (?) and my body aches all over; that's how I felt yesterday when my head was pounding, but it got progressively worse during the day.

I am leaving Tristan in the coop for a long while though. Last night my silkie and her chick slept in the coop with the hens. Tristan is outraged that he's in the silkie's coop alone, but between his incessant crowing, repeatedly raping the little silkie, and bullying the hens all day by hogging all the treats and pecking them, I had to do something. He's fit to be tied. The first hour in there he would not move, just stood on the floor like he was in a catatonic state. I went to check on him, and he flew to the door to try to escape. I wouldn't let him go out, so he got mad and flew up to a nest that he went into and spent a couple of hours pouting. I took the flashlight out last night to check on him, and he was up on the perches. What a character! He is beautiful, and in spite of how I've run him down, a very likeable rooster that will be a well-behaved one SOMEDAY when he's not a 22-week-old messed up teenager. All that's true based on the chance that I don't ring his neck someday. I guess it's true for roosters as it is for human teenagers, if their parents and teachers don't kill them before they're eighteen, they almost always grow up to be good citizens.
I haven't heard a peep out of him since I put him in the coop yesterday. Hope he's not on a starvation diet.

Last edited:
Joe, sorry to hear (well, see) that you are ill! my prayers will be with you for speedy recovery.
oh, and tell the silkie i feel bad for her too!
lol.png

last year i got a flu shot for the first time ever. i never got the flu more times in my whole life. it was like from the time i got the shot, i just kept getting it!

no more shots for me.

be well! we need you!

So sorry, Joe but can I put my dog in there with the rooster? he is half great pyr..thus barks non stop all night
he.gif

Hope you get to feeling better real soon.

Back
Top Bottom