Rooster Question

CloggingChicken

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 22, 2009
Hendersonville, NC
New to the chicken scene. We just ordered 3 Buff Orpington Pullets, 3 Golden Lace Wyandotte Pullets, 3 Silver Lace Wyandotte Pullets and 1 Silver Lace Wyandotte Cockerel. I am not sure if the rooster will be very loud or friendly. We ordered them for egg laying, the occasional chick, and family pets.
Does any body have advice on temperament of the male and if they are very loud? They won't ship until June and I know that it will be a while before they go out of the house, but I wanted some opinions before they arrive.
smile.png

All roosters are loud, some are just louder than others.

For your temperment question, check out my page on roo behavior, the link is in my sig line.

Our Ricky crows whenever he feels like it! LOL Early in the morning, later in the morning, mid afternoon, early evening, like I said, whenever he feels like crowing.

But I love it!! And him!

Laurie

Crowing is pretty much acceptable to me. Seems like a little pay back for our neighbors yiping miniature mop dog.
wink.png

One of our friends told me that they had a BO rooster and it was quiet with an occasional crow. They also talked about how friendly the bird was. I was hoping for the same type of experience with the Wyandotte, although I know that each bird is different.

Back
Top Bottom