rooster question?

Quote:
I do typically agree with your comment, but with full games that are truly game.. Even if the birds are about to kick over dead from lack of energy they will still use their last breath kicking at the other rooster. We've had some birds break off tie before and lost them like this, they definitely never gave up until they spent their last breath fighting.. And this is typically desired in a gamecock, or used to be.

Why I always say, if you get games (even if they're crossed, sometimes it changes their behavior, sometimes it doesn't.) The best tool is keeping them separated at all times or only owning one cock. Your typical production breed, you can own more than one rooster and they won't fight DEPENDING. I know my aunt had a silkie rooster, a japanese rooster, a OEGB rooster, a Australorp, and a game/silke cross cock before all for about maybe 20 hens. She kept them separated, and when let out (even in breeding season) they would spar for a little bit but didn't last long.. Nothing real serious. The 1-10 ratio depends too, some people say your hens will be overly bred, but I personally have one hen to one cock in cages right now and they birds never get over bred.. Of course they're gamefowl, but my aunt had no problems either.

All depends on how aggressive of a breeder the rooster is, and how submissive that hen is.

-Daniel

Back
Top Bottom