Rooster Reserve Corps

Those young roos were not attacking predators and getting defeated. They were just gobbled up like chicken nuggets.

Okay, thank you this is the kind of feedback I am looking for. If getting spurred in the face is not enough to make a coyote back off, then my plan is not going to work.
Best thing for a Coyote or something hunting your flock is a good old gun, tif they are harassing your birds or coming on your property with intention of eating your birds you can shoot them, but you'd better be a dang good shot cause if your gonna shoot you shoot to kill

Best thing for a Coyote or something hunting your flock is a good old gun, tif they are harassing your birds or coming on your property with intention of eating your birds you can shoot them, but you'd better be a dang good shot cause if your gonna shoot you shoot to kill
I wish I could! It is illegal to shoot a firearm where I live. I don't know if it would be allowed if pets are in danger, but probably not even then.

The electric fence keeps most of them out, but sometimes it's not enough for a very hungry coyote.

I wish I could! It is illegal to shoot a firearm where I live. I don't know if it would be allowed if pets are in danger, but probably not even then.

The electric fence keeps most of them out, but sometimes it's not enough for a very hungry coyote.
if you can't then call for animal control or fish and wild life services in your area to come and get em moved

if you can't then call for animal control or fish and wild life services in your area to come and get em moved
I have called and left a message before. We have a county trapper that traps and culls coyotes if they threaten humans or pets. They get too many calls to respond to everyone, so I am not optimistic that they will do anything here.

In conclusion, it sounds like my plan is a bust. So when I do my springtime hatch I will slaughter the males instead of trying to raise them.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom