Rooster showed up with wild turkey hen flock, now what do I do?

Thank you. We are now facing an issue: he found his voice! He just cockadoodledoo'd loudly and for several minutes. So much for being on the down low! There was nothing threatening the flock. Not sure why he did that (obviously I know very little about Roos ... I have a neighbor who is nosy and very much known far and wide for sticking said nose in other people's stuff... I'd hoped Ody would be quiet so that this wouldn't be an issue. Any suggestions for how to address this before we're forced to get rid of him?

second day crowing around noon. ran out to see what was up - he was in the coop with all the ladies. nothing untoward ... he needs to quit that or he needs to be re-homed, because it's only a matter of time before my neighbor complains :(

second day crowing around noon. ran out to see what was up - he was in the coop with all the ladies. nothing untoward ... he needs to quit that or he needs to be re-homed, because it's only a matter of time before my neighbor complains :(
It’s not always something wrong. They just crow. He’s saying to the world that he’s here and he’s the man!

You can't make him stop crowing, and his crowing doesn't mean anything's wrong. Roosters crow, that's just what they do. They want to announce their presence to the world. It was only a matter of time, and it's inevitable. If the neighbor won't allow it, then you'll need to rehome him fast.

Back
Top Bottom