Rooster started attacking kiddo

Try putting your roo in the run for a while. My two kids were a little timid of our roo and we had them feeding the roo all the treats. Now he won't go to anyone but the kids.

Fried Chicken tomorrow night!!
big_smile.png

Seriously though, last year my "nice roo" started attacking my neighbor's son/our young friend & my dd who did not handle him much when he was little. He did this unprovoked. The next day he was gone~~it is very hard if you raise them from chicks, but I don't want my children & my children's friends to be afraid of anything in my yard....Though I really do like & take care of my animals, I believe in "people before animals."

JMHO though
roll.png

Rooster, you have good ideas, but I dont think dd could do what you suggest -- any other suggestions? He does not attack me at all. . .

I have had the exact same problem.........My Buff Orph Roo has been going after my kids...2 and 5. I tried picking him up and carrying him around...making him be submissive... hasnt really helped. He wont do anything if I am out there but if he sees the kids alone he charges and goes after them. Today he went after the 8 yr old girl I babysit.... she is big for her age.....he attacked her then chased her 200' all the way to the front door..... so unfortuanetly tomorrow he is getting the "axe" .....I hate to do it too....raised him from a chick but I cant have this going on with kids. If they have an aggressive personality I dont think it will change......

Back
Top Bottom