Rooster started humping my TV remote.😱

Pics
Y
Prayer is an amazing thing!
Yes!!! This is why I am trying to be strong and not go so quickly to pick him back up. Although it is very hard for me. I have to have faith that chicken instinct will kick in for him to adjust to his new life until I get a house. An coming here to vent is really helping me in my end. Thank you all for being so kind and helpful. And for the thoughts and prayers. :hugs

Y

Yes!!! This is why I am trying to be strong and not go so quickly to pick him back up. Although it is very hard for me. I have to have faith that chicken instinct will kick in for him to adjust to his new life until I get a house. An coming here to vent is really helping me in my end. Thank you all for being so kind and helpful. And for the thoughts and prayers. :hugs
You're very welcome!

So, It has been done. 😭 😭 😭
My baby is gone!!!
He was so scared on the way there, but as soon as I put him down, he went to town. He looked so happy. Almost forgetting the ride there. I spent some time walking around with him showing him around.
I met his new family. My family member is going to slowly introduce him so nothing goes wrong. I miss him. 😭😭😭
After walked away and got out of the gate he followed me and looked up to me . I am pretty sure he was asking why am I leaving. 😫 I don't know if I can sleep tonight.
Oh what lovely photos, thank you for sharing!

Thank you. It has not been going well for me. I miss him horribly. And he seemed very upset with me when I went to see him on Sunday. 😥
What happened Sunday?
You may think he's upset with you.. but actually it could just be that he is becoming a real Rooster, strong & brave as a Roo should be, to protect his hens someday, you know it is in their genes to be protective, and he is at the age where this is starting to show. Mine began sparring at 4 mos! It was really shocking for me to see the 1st times, I know now, it is practice. I will share with you what I have noticed with my Roosters, they are quite amazing and I did notice when they are outdoors they change quite a bit because they naturally know, that's where they are most vulnerable. They know their hens are prey to any hawks, foxes or whatever, and so they learn to become very aggressive, protective & sometimes may seem downright agitated...but when they're young, they're just trying to figure it out, they have these instincts to protect & hormones making them seem grumpy. He will figure out his feelings & what his duty is, right now it's all new. I've noticed that when I kept roosters indoors alot, like when we had weeks of horrible weather, they became very docile and calm, downright loving and affectionate, because they know they are safe indoors and not vulnerable, there are no hawks flying over or foxes inside, they are safe inside & can let their guard down. As soon as they go back outside again protective mode goes into full gear. So I just want you to know if he seemed grumpy or agitated it is not directed at you. He is outside now, he has seen birds flying over, some BIG birds of various sizes, his natural instincts and hormones are starting to kick in, and he will be a very good protector of hens, so while he learns how to focus his feelings into duty, do not take it personally. Roosters take their jobs very seriously, so be proud of him, your teenager is becoming a man!

What happened Sunday?
You may think he's upset with you.. but actually it could just be that he is becoming a real Rooster, strong & brave as a Roo should be, to protect his hens someday, you know it is in their genes to be protective, and he is at the age where this is starting to show. Mine began sparring at 4 mos! It was really shocking for me to see the 1st times, I know now, it is practice. I will share with you what I have noticed with my Roosters, they are quite amazing and I did notice when they are outdoors they change quite a bit because they naturally know, that's where they are most vulnerable. They know their hens are prey to any hawks, foxes or whatever, and so they learn to become very aggressive, protective & sometimes may seem downright agitated...but when they're young, they're just trying to figure it out, they have these instincts to protect & hormones making them seem grumpy. He will figure out his feelings & what his duty is, right now it's all new. I've noticed that when I kept roosters indoors alot, like when we had weeks of horrible weather, they became very docile and calm, downright loving and affectionate, because they know they are safe indoors and not vulnerable, there are no hawks flying over or foxes inside, they are safe inside & can let their guard down. As soon as they go back outside again protective mode goes into full gear. So I just want you to know if he seemed grumpy or agitated it is not directed at you. He is outside now, he has seen birds flying over, some BIG birds of various sizes, his natural instincts and hormones are starting to kick in, and he will be a very good protector of hens, so while he learns how to focus his feelings into duty, do not take it personally. Roosters take their jobs very seriously, so be proud of him, your teenager is becoming a man!
Thank you. Now I know :hugs

:barnie:barnie:barnie
I only have one rooster, no hens in sight.
I was hoping it would turn out to be a hen but it didn't work out that way.
I knew this day would come, but I didn't know it would come this soon. 😭
He has been humping my hand and the remote for a few days now.
Luckily for me and the remote,
he wears chicken diapers. 🙊🙉🙈
So, what do I do now?
I have no option on getting more poultry,
I shouldn't even have him either.
But I hatched him as an egg
and now I'm in love with him. 🥰🥰🥰
He is a indoor rooster pet.
I blame Covid 19 boredom
for hatching him out. 😷😷😷
I don't know how to add a video so I only have pictures. 😁
God is still working in mysterious ways. I am so glad He is sending me visitors every day to help me cope. 😭😭😭😭
20201125_145333.jpg

Back
Top Bottom