Rooster stop crowing

Yes they have roosting poles to roost at night. I let them out through the day and they go back in there house at night. The roosting pole that I ordered is supposed to keep them warm. I'm more worried about at night for them. I've read up on the heated pad and pole and I think it will at least keep them from freezing to death.

G’Day from down under LeeAnn :frow Welcome!

Sorry, I have no experience with roosters and living in Aus, definitely no experience with below freezing temps. However, I did just want to say that I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also Find Your State Thread and pop in and say hello.

If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

welcome-group.gif
Welcome to Backyard Chickens!

It takes them a while to get over an attack.

Check him over for puncture wounds though. Those can fester and leave an abcess

Thanks for all the help everyone. I didn't know so many people cared about their chickens as much as I do for mine. I really am sitting here worried if there going to freeze to death. I will give you all an update on the heating pad and the heated roosting pole when it arrives. I'm hoping that will give them some kind of confront at night.

Back
Top Bottom