Rooster struck at husband, now me. What can I do?

Pics
A bad rooster, in my humble opinion, does not accept "training" to become a good rooster. Once he "turns", I don't believe there is a turning back. I've raised 6 roosters from chicks to adulthood. Only one was bad, and he was all the way bad. He was a Dominique (Cody) and just mean as the day is long. My husband, who does nothing with the chickens, "liked him", but I got attacked every day. One day he attacked me when the dog was feet away. He's gone now, the dog took him and I never saw him again. This was his look, like, all the time. Don't wait to get really hurt, and bloody before you do something with him. It's not worth it.

Cody legit scares me, what a stare! Funny, but also not cool. I don't want taking care of my chickens to become about tiptoeing around on eggshells, because how fun is that? Somehow it would take the get-up out of shovelling shavings, ongoing coop improvements and related expenses, and worrying about frostbite and freezing water. If that's the case, it really stinks because my rooster is the whole reason I did it all in the first place! I really hope it was just a flukey day for him or springtime jitters!

This whole thread has cracked me up lol.
You can see though everytime you'll get a different hormone bomb lol!
Like this year the only boy I kept chose to be normal im talking flatline normal.
Actually, he was being better than any of them out there.
His father tried to mate feet, alot.
It it all just hilarious:lau

Lol, I have laughed at all of your posts! Apparently my rooster had a bad bout of the associated troubles with little manbirds, but today he acted a little more like his sweet self. I think he has a lot of teenage angst or sumptin...

Thanks, will check this out! He was so gentle until yesterday, smh :idunno

Like this year the only boy I kept chose to be normal im talking flatline normal.

I realized a long time ago that as much as I love chickens, I am glad I wasn't a rooster; because Mom and Dad might have culled me for my teenage antics.

Wow, the feet thing, I'm as confused as the rooster, it seems there are a lot of naughty boys out there! On a good note, mine has been a good boy for the past two days. He has poopy feet, but still been a nice boy besides that.

Ode to Greg! Sounds like he made bad choices :idunno
The worst choices. Exhibit A: 🤣
20200221_215140.jpg

Ahhhhh, BAD CHOICE Greg! Do those leave scars? I already have enough scars from owning horses, lol
Lol, unfortunately yes. I have many Greg scars. I have my fair share of horse scars too though. Difference was that the horse scars were all my fault. Greg scars? Not so much. BYE GREG... Hope your boy continues to behave! You've definitely gotten some great advice here. :D

Back
Top Bottom