Rooster suddenly died

So sorry for your loss!! :(

Totally thinking out loud here but since others have mentioned heart attack or head injury, I wonder if he did have a heart attack and maybe fell off the roost and hit his head. Maybe that would explain the blood. Because I'm thinking if there was a predator it would have gotten to the whole flock.

So sorry for your loss!! :(

Totally thinking out loud here but since others have mentioned heart attack or head injury, I wonder if he did have a heart attack and maybe fell off the roost and hit his head. Maybe that would explain the blood. Because I'm thinking if there was a predator it would have gotten to the whole flock.

The more I have thought about it I do think he had a heart attack. I zoomed in on a photo of him the day before he died and his comb was ever so slightly blue at the tips, indicating he might has compromised bloodflow/heart issues. He was also a heavy bird for his size, medium size but easily 8-10 lbs. He was not overweight and had plenty of room to run, I think that is just his breed. I took in a new rooster who needed a home since I had the space and he is way bigger than Mr. Lahey was but weighs so much less. I also found him laying on his back which I read indicates he had a heart attack. Just one of those unfortunate things, but I am glad I gave him a good life.

The more I have thought about it I do think he had a heart attack. I zoomed in on a photo of him the day before he died and his comb was ever so slightly blue at the tips, indicating he might has compromised bloodflow/heart issues. He was also a heavy bird for his size, medium size but easily 8-10 lbs. He was not overweight and had plenty of room to run, I think that is just his breed. I took in a new rooster who needed a home since I had the space and he is way bigger than Mr. Lahey was but weighs so much less. I also found him laying on his back which I read indicates he had a heart attack. Just one of those unfortunate things, but I am glad I gave him a good life.
Aww, poor guy! Well, like you said, it's good that you were able to give him a good life. Just like with humans, sometimes health issues just happen and there's nothing you could have done.

Back
Top Bottom