Rooster Toupee

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by taprock, Jun 19, 2011.

1. taprock

taprock Chillin' With My Peeps

My WCB Polish roo, Al is bald - he has also become rumpless with no tail. He was picked on in the winter and when his feathers just start to grow they get pulled out again. I think part of the situation is his nice pink head sticking out is just to appealing not to peck. It may be a bit crazy but I collected some feathers that were laying around and super glued them on. I only put on a few but enough to cover his bald spot. I tried to fix his missing tail but that was a bit impossible. Anyway as crazy as he looks we'll see if it helps.

before
    [​IMG]

after
    [​IMG]

2. AccentOnHakes

AccentOnHakes Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2009
    I opened this up in a tab, looked at it, smiled, closed the tab, then went...

'Wait..."

Opened it back up...scrolled to the bottom, and laughed myself silly at the second picture.
    [​IMG]

3. chickengrl

chickengrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    well, that might actually work by diverting the unwanted attention. Let us know how it goes. [​IMG]

4. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Okay, all humans in this household are [​IMG]!

Donald Trump is calling, please hold the line.....

Last edited: Jun 19, 2011
  5. taprock

taprock Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Well Al's tail didn't look so hot but I think the toupee itself actually holds it's own against Donald's.[​IMG]

6. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    [​IMG]
    too cool. I hope it works.
    I have a hen that they pecked on so badly it ripped her skin, once the blood started... it got very bad very quickly.
    She is still in isolation because I was thinking that I needed to let the feathers return... now you have the gears churning.
    Let us know how this worked out. if in a few days he is not being swung around by the super glued feathers... I am trying it myself.

oh! Yes! a entire new business for you! we can send you molts and you can make us toupees. [​IMG]
    except the tail feathers ...um, they don't look as natural! [​IMG]

7. Firefighter Chick

Firefighter Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2011
    Southeast Minnesota
    hahaha! that rooster needs a pony tail to cover his bald spot. The tail thing made me think of those cartoons as kids when another character wanted to be a chicken so he put a plunger on his bum with a mop or feathers on it. hehehe.

8. Dowie

Dowie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    Quote:[​IMG]

9. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] I love the tail feathers!

10. ladyride

ladyride Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    East Tn
    [​IMG] [​IMG] this post cracked me up

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by