Rooster trade...

spyder25

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 3, 2013
I figured out that my Rhode Island Reds have at least one too many roosters for my taste (I like to keep 2 of one breed) so I separated him and was thinking of selling him when my neighbor mentioned that they wanted a Rhode Island Red rooster. They had a very nice looking game rooster, which I thought would look nice with my banny hens... so I traded the Rhode Island Red for their rooster. My issue is that I'm not exactly sure if he is what I think he is so I decided to get with all of you to see what you thought. Here he is, not the best pic but maybe it will work.

if this picture isn't good enough, I'll try to get another one tomorrow or when it stops raining. His wings are blue, just below that dark red, not black. I got him because I love the way he looks
big_smile.png

Thank you very much! I have an idea of what he is or might be mixed with but I'm really looking for a second opinion so I'll feel better lol Thank you for the reply!

if it stops raining today, I'll grab a better picture of him.. maybe that will help in the process
big_smile.png

What kind of comb does he have? In the first picture it almost looks like a rose comb, but in the second it looks like a pea comb mixed with something else. Or is he dubbed and it just looks weird bc of angles in the pics?
He looks very gamey, but that comb is throwing me off...

I see what you're saying, it looks weird cause it's leaning to the side. It's a single comb that just leans over
smile.png
but my impression is gamey as well.

I've gotta get another good look at his comb.. this is buggin me
big_smile.png
. I'll take another look tomorrow, and get a really good look at his comb, maybe a close up shot.. Any other guesses?

Back
Top Bottom