*****ROOSTER Will Not EAT *****

OK Thanks, I put him in the basement and he is on the step (roost) overnight. Thats a little respit to get away from the hens. He did eat some without the hens around. I'll just take him outside with his hens in the day and will try to feed him separately at night again. I'll see how he is doing and will try to keep them all together unless he stops eating again.

Maybe I'll bring a hen with him on the basement step tomorrow night. And monitor all of this. Checking his food intake.

OK Thanks, I put him in the basement and he is on the step (roost) overnight. Thats a little respit to get away from the hens. He did eat some without the hens around. I'll just take him outside with his hens in the day and will try to feed him separately at night again. I'll see how he is doing and will try to keep them all together unless he stops eating again.
Just separate him ~4 times a week for his evening meal of scrambled eggs and put him right back with his hens when he is finished and his crop nicely filled.

This way you can deworm only him and still eat the eggs your hens are laying.
Depending on where you live there are different dewormers available i.e. Safeguard, Valbazen, Flubenole 5% etc. Some of them can be purchased at your local farm stores, others online.

Some roosters will almost starve themselves to death in order to feed their hens well and overweight even.

To me, 1,3 and 5 appear to be cockerels, maybe number 4 as well (those red patches on the wings are a male trait). Looks like they've got streamers starting to pop off the backs of their crests and their combs are awfully big for 4 month old bearded birds. Good quality boys get big round crests too, their streamers and combs usually give them away first.

Like other people said before, your bird likely has a dominant white parent and a fibromelanistic parent. She could have Silkie or Ayam Cemani in her genetics. How many toes does she have? Silkies have five toes.

Just separate him ~4 times a week for his evening meal of scrambled eggs and put him right back with his hens when he is finished and his crop nicely filled.

This way you can deworm only him and still eat the eggs your hens are laying.
Depending on where you live there are different dewormers available i.e. Safeguard, Valbazen, Flubenole 5% etc. Some of them can be purchased at your local farm stores, others online.

Some roosters will almost starve themselves to death in order to feed their hens well and overweight even.
Thank You. I will follow this advice and I'm only a mile away from the farmstore. This is a good plan and he does really take care of his girls. :)

Back
Top Bottom