1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

rooster with no voice

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Daddy Jim, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Daddy Jim

Daddy Jim Hatching

Dec 11, 2009
    my rooster was a voracious crower and then started loosing his voice. now he tries to crow but nothing comes out. Is this a common ailment . Is it permanent or temporary?

2. ghillie

ghillie Hen Pecked

Nov 13, 2008
    Colorado Springs, Co
    [​IMG] If it is permanent there are alot of people who would be interested in him!

3. Jonathanq1

Jonathanq1 Songster

Jan 20, 2009
    Delaware
    Cool I wonder how it happened?

4. DLS

DLS Songster

[​IMG] breed hin you will be rich!!!!

5. pwand

pwand Songster

Sep 10, 2007
    BC Canada
    I had a rooster that was never able to crow. He was beautiful. We lucked out because we weren't suppose to have chickens were we lived. We sure enjoyed him and we also breed him, however, his off springs had no issue crowing. On another note, I have a female chicken that had pretty much lost her voice, this has been gradual for about 9 months. Last night I was in the coop checking on the chickens and I've noticed she sounds like she is wheezing. Her larynax looked partly closed. I think she is dying, she is old, she is 7 yrs old. Have you looked in his mouth to see if he may have gape worms?

6. Flippacase

Flippacase Songster

Nov 6, 2009
    Massachusetts
    larengitis???[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by