Rooster with serious swelling on head.

Anime2lover

Keeper of tiny dinos
Apr 17, 2019
We treated the main injury causing it, but he's swelled so much that one eye has a hard time opening and we're hearing gurgling when he breaths. What caused the injury was a duck drake that tore up his head. The poor silky has no muff up top anymore. His left eye is swollen to the point where it barely opens. His right eye is swollen to, but not as much. We are worried the swelling is effecting his airway. What can we do for emergency swelling relief??

No, my camera isn't good enough to get the details a head shot pic would need. Always unusable and to dark when I try. He seems to still be able to breathe so far.
Do u have a pic my love? Bumping this to hopefully get help u need xx

No, my camera isn't good enough to get the details a head shot pic would need. Always unusable and to dark when I try. He seems to still be able to breathe so far.
Was he bloody from getting beat up by the duck? It’s pretty common for a rooster to aspirate some blood or even saliva if they’ve been fighting. The swelling and eyes being shut is also a common occurrence. Depending on how long he was getting beat on I’m sure he’ll be fine if he’s still alive. They usually look pretty bad for a couple days but heal up quickly.

Was he bloody from getting beat up by the duck? It’s pretty common for a rooster to aspirate some blood or even saliva if they’ve been fighting. The swelling and eyes being shut is also a common occurrence. Depending on how long he was getting beat on I’m sure he’ll be fine if he’s still alive. They usually look pretty bad for a couple days but heal up quickly.
Yea, so far today he's doing good. He's inside for peace and healing time. That dang duck got him real good.

Heres a grainy pic I managed to get of one side of his face. He can open the eye now, but couldn't yesterday. His face and comb still look like a bouncy ball and he no longer has his beautiful silky crown. That was picked mostly clean. IMG_20210612_145904.jpg IMG_20210612_145910.jpg

Heres a grainy pic I managed to get of one side of his face. He can open the eye now, but couldn't yesterday. His face and comb still look like a bouncy ball and he no longer has his beautiful silky crown. That was picked mostly clean.View attachment 2715659View attachment 2715660
Drakes can be real A-holes sometimes. What'd ya do with the drake? It's likley to happen again.
Does he have plenty duck girls to occupy him?

Back
Top Bottom