Rooster with use of only one leg

Confusedfarmer

In the Brooder
11 Years
Mar 15, 2008
Hey all i have a New Hampshire red Rooster about 5 years of age great boy but for the past 4 months or so seems like he is only able to walk on one leg he will not put pressure on the other i didnt see that anything looked broke or injured but i dont understand what could be wrong any idea's?

I had a hen who broke her leg and got an abscess on her leg very high up. Even though it is healed very well, she is still hoping around on one leg, been about 8 months now....

good luck with your roo.

How's everything else with him - appetite, poop, energy, comb color? Does he seem in pain? Do the other roos kick his butt or leave him be?
JJ

Does the leg hang there limp or does he hop on it slightly?

Jody

when he stands or walks he kinda swings his leg back and forth trying to keep his balance he doesnt seem to be in pain and his pooping and eating seems right on as far as his comb color its bright red.

We had a chicken just like that, but im not sure if it was a rooster. and he was around 3 or 5 monthes. Just try to give him water with terramycine and rap his leg in a wrap from murdochs. just dont give up, unless he gets to the point that he looks like hes in a lot of pain, because thats what happened to my chicken. That is why my dad had to kill it while i was away but i believe he could have gotten better

Back
Top Bottom