rooster wont walk

Mareks tends to be a slower progressive paralysis type of disease, I wouldn't consider Mareks just yet. I would bet he injured his leg somehow.

You need to check his crop first thing in the morning. The crop should be empty. If not, he could have an impaction.

Is the leg broken, is there heat anywhere along the leg from the toes up to the hip? (feel the other leg for comparison) Any swelling? Redness? He may have pulled or sprained something and will need to be kept confined for a week or more until he can walk properly.
I did not see any thing different from his other foot like no cuts or anything so I do not know.

I am sure too he did injure it i think he was trying to do his thing with the girls when they werent even old enough yet and just fell and hurt himself so
idunno.gif

Check his crop in the morning to make sure it is empty and keep him confined for a while or until he can walk well enough. Keep food and water close so he stays off his feet as much as possible.

Check his crop in the morning to make sure it is empty and keep him confined for a while or until he can walk well enough. Keep food and water close so he stays off his feet as much as possible.
yup thats exactly what I have been doing
wink.png

I am going to sleep now I can only hope for the best and pray he gets better I will keep every one updated
fl.gif
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom