Rooster

ryansmom06

Songster
5 Years
Oct 6, 2018
Batavia Ohio
So this morning a rooster just showed up at my barn. I have 12 hens no roosters. I am assuming he does not plan on leaving any time soon. I really dont want a rooster i have never been around one. Not sure of anything at this point about him. He just seems to walk away when i go towards him. So if anyone is close to me and would like him or if there is someone that can help me find a rescue or somewhere for him to go that would be awesome. I am in Batavia Ohio close to cincinnati
IMG_0066.jpg

So this morning a rooster just showed up at my barn. I have 12 hens no roosters. I am assuming he does not plan on leaving any time soon. I really dont want a rooster i have never been around one. Not sure of anything at this point about him. He just seems to walk away when i go towards him. So if anyone is close to me and would like him or if there is someone that can help me find a rescue or somewhere for him to go that would be awesome. I am in Batavia Ohio close to cincinnatiView attachment 1773439

@ryansmom06 - We are in Ohio and we were able to auction off some unwanted birds at a livestock auction. We googled "livestock auction near me" and found a couple. You may have one closer to you, as the one I used was closer to Columbus. The place we went to has a monthly auction, and they happily answered my questions when I called in advance. We could have taken in a cage that we could have sold too, or have waited to get back after the auction. However, due to a sort event later that afternoon, we didn't want to stay past a certain time, so we made cages from cardboard boxes (cut down for ventilation) and chicken wire and zip ties - easy and cheap, sold with the males (individually caged) and with the sets of pullets we sold (3 to a cage). I did label the cages with breed and hatch cage/age because I knew this information, but was not necessary. We averaged $7/bird before commission. In case I didn't stay until the birds sold, we found out that if our total profit was more than $10, they would mail a check, but under $10 I would have to pick it up. Everything sells there, so they kept assuring me that even though it was a January auction, I didn't need to worry about taking the animals back home. They were right - everything sold!

Good Luck.

Back
Top Bottom