Roosters are awesome

Omg that is so awesome! How do you do separate flocks? I’ve read about ppl doing it, but have no clue how that works. I would LOVE to have more than one rooster!
Separate coops, separate runs and I alternate free range time. 1/2 day for each flock or sometimes I do every other day for each. One tip I have for multi flocks is I utilize a secondary fence roughly a foot away from the run to prevent contact. Or I put up a solid screen 2' up the side of the run to prevent fighting.
I'm planning to fence in both sides of my polebarn to be able to free range both flocks all day with no contact.
Both my flocks and then the babies.
IMG_20240127_153408.jpg
IMG_20240131_104705.jpg
IMG_20240501_191225.jpg

And I have to show off my little Harmony... She was the first to hatch of the 8 and my first and only grandbaby from this hatch.
Her Grandma is Joannie my darkest layer and Mom is Angel.
1711906201635.jpg
IMG_20240403_102342.jpg
IMG_20240422_155546.jpg

Separate coops, separate runs and I alternate free range time. 1/2 day for each flock or sometimes I do every other day for each. One tip I have for multi flocks is I utilize a secondary fence roughly a foot away from the run to prevent contact. Or I put up a solid screen 2' up the side of the run to prevent fighting.
I'm planning to fence in both sides of my polebarn to be able to free range both flocks all day with no contact.
Both my flocks and then the babies.View attachment 3819355View attachment 3819357View attachment 3819356

And I have to show off my little Harmony... She was the first to hatch of the 8 and my first and only grandbaby from this hatch.
Her Grandma is Joannie my darkest layer and Mom is Angel.View attachment 3819362View attachment 3819359View attachment 3819364
Oh my goodness!! Look at that comb (the first pic)! You seriously have some great looking birds! And 2 flocks, I’m sooo envious. They all look so happy and that rooster looks so proud!

See that’s what’s I’ve been saying! I love roosters. But everywhere I look online there’s so much rooster hate:( I know some can be “less than gentlemanly” but in general they’re just awesome!
That’s because people let their ego’s get in the way and don’t spend the time earning the trust of a rooster. Hens are easy. Everyone wants easy.

My rooster is such a gentleman and he is beautiful. He loves to crow back and forth with a rooster one of the neighbors has. He is very protective of his ladies. Whenever I bring something big into the coop he leads the hens inside and he stays out into the run to protect them.
My rooster is sweet, I can even hold him!
Beautiful colors.

Oh my goodness!! Look at that comb (the first pic)! You seriously have some great looking birds! And 2 flocks, I’m sooo envious. They all look so happy and that rooster looks so proud!
Awwww... Thanks ♥️ and I saw your mention in the other thread, also. When chicken math bites again...(it will) We could see about sending you some eggs. 🙂
IMG_20231225_114802.jpg

Back
Top Bottom