Roosters are so funny!

la dee da

Crowing
15 Years
Dec 18, 2008
Missouri
So just a few days ago we finished our coop and our neighbor gave us a couple of roosters. They are settling in nicely but are still scared of us. Well my sisters boyfriend (who finished building the coop for us as a Christmas present) bought us 4 hens today! They are 20 weeks old and the moment we brought them into the coop the roosters clucked and bawked at them and started showing their stuff. The hens definatly felt more at home and the roosters were noticably happier, it was fun! I loved seeing the roosters reaction and I can't wait to watch more interactions hehe
love.gif
yippiechickie.gif

P.S. yes I know 4 hens is too few, I will watch them carefully and if the hens are overridden I will have to get rid of Mr. Roo. For now I don't think it'll be a problem because Colonel Sanders is very possesive and Mr. Roo is very submissive.

Last edited:
Yes roosters are fun but I hope you paln on getting more hens for your roos. The best hen to roo ration is 1 roo to 10 hens otherwise the boys will wear the feathers off of your girls backs. Also my roos fought over the hens constantly resulting in me having to rehome one of them.

Yes like I said I will watch the interactions. The reason I got 2 roos is because I didn't think we'd get any hens until spring, when we'd get 15-20 of them. When spring comes we'll be able to get the rest of the hens but if push comes to shove Mr. Roo is gone.

Back
Top Bottom