Roosters Comb Folding Over

No..he was a fine young Roo...about one year old. No frostbite, nothing. I cannot figure it out. I will probably never know.
sad.png

A chicken's comb can be an indicator of it's health.

When comb goes pale it can be lice or internal worms.

Drooping comb can be when they start getting sick.

A dark bluish comb and face can mean lack of oxygen. (Respiratory issues)..

Sorry for your loss...

Nope...it was still bright red..no signs of any sickness either. I'm totally confused by the whole thing..but I'm over it. I have another Orp Roo and some young ones coming up. So I will pick a second one from one of those.

I have a brown leghorn hen whose comb has been laid over ever since day one. Seems healthy and fine...I just assume its a poor genetic thing.

He could have eaten something he wasn't supposed to and his internal organs may have begun failing from it.

For it to have gotten him so quite I would guess anywhere from posion, to glass shards.

Recently, there has been a rash amount of animals dying not far from here. Someone was out throwing posioned meat around randomly, but also was throwing poisoned veggis and such!!!

Dogs, cats, chickens, deer and birds were showing up dead within a 5 mile radius of a town near me.

They have found some of the meats thrown out... but they were on the side of the road and in wooded areas.... someone was out driving around with it!!! I hope they catch them.

Back
Top Bottom