Roosters crowing ALL DAY LONG

Spring and increasing daylight causes hormones to surge. Spring is the main breeding season for chickens. Generally my roosters don't crow all day long, just on and off. I would assume yours is young?

One of the youngsters has developed a bad habit of doing his version of the hen song oftentimes. He'll yells out at the top of his lungs about every 5 seconds for interminably long stretches. He may not last much longer if he keeps that up.

One of the youngsters has developed a bad habit of doing his version of the hen song oftentimes. He'll yells out at the top of his lungs about every 5 seconds for interminably long stretches. He may not last much longer if he keeps that up.
Some do get overzealous trying to be a rooster. I usually end up making rooster decisions in spring when their obnoxious behaviors come out.

I have 4 crowing roosters, they compete with each other, whoever can blast the most crows out in a row is the winner, then the game starts over. The king of the coop can crow 5 or 6 time within a minute, others usually go 4 or 5, they compete like this almost all day! I have noticed more crowing in the spring to, most times my king roo only corw once or twice a day, right now he is crowing multiple times an hour. My neighbors used to have a rooster across the street and whenever he would crow my boy would crow back, then the other roo would crow back and they would go back and forth for hours.

Back
Top Bottom