Roosters fighting.

<3ChickenForever

Fire Is Catching
8 Years
Feb 20, 2011
WI
I have two roosters and they never fought badly until now. They have been around each other for about 1 year. The white one is more bloody than the black one but the black seems to have some of his spur cut off. The white one has a cut earlobe too. What do I treat it with? Any suggestions on what I should do? Thank you.

White birds always look worse because they are white. If fighting done, leave them together. If still fighting and expected to continue to point of unacceptable damage, then separate. Otherwise play by ear if damage does not appear too severe. I treat only for infection and that topical.

hi im kind of new to this but the other day somebody gave me a roo that is 3 years old and i put him with my roo who is a year old and the 3 year old started the fight.my roo lost in the end and ran so i took the 3 year old out what should i do should i try to socailze them and how???

i think they just did socialize. The new roo is now dominent. It's hard to know how much they will tolerate each other. How aggressive the new roos is...he may accept him on the fringe, or he may not. Some just can't get along together.

If it were me I would. Most likely they'll stay apart but have some spats as somebody tries to mate with dominent roos hen. I don't separate my roos, I can't build separate enclosures, so when things get out of hand with too many, some will go in the freezer, and then peace is restored. Right now I have two brothers who are really nice to look at,and have manners and work together, the other lost his tail and lead position, and now hangs on the fringe, I've contemplated removing him, but, he is a predator magnet now, and so, still contributes.

Back
Top Bottom