roosters gang raping hens

I have 3 roosters and 19 hens. They are in an 800 square foot run- plenty of room. Due to many reasons I’m not able to free range the.. They are all 10 months old. The roosters gang up to mate and the hens are being gouged, pecked and it’s awful. I only have room for 1 in sick bay. Should I advertise to get rid of 2 Roos? My husband ordered these thinking roosters are cool and they are, but they are also cruel. Do we try to find them a new home? I hate to cull them.
, but I’m at my wits end nursing all these hens. I have hen saddles on but when the roosters get aggressive they have pulled some off. It makes me sad, I’m attached to all but want eggs more than crows. We don’t plan on hatching any.
If you dont plan in hatching then I would get rid of the boys all together.

Awww -- they are too cute! Nice looking group of up and comers you have there.
I appreciate all of your advice they are my babies and I only want what is best and healthy for them.They will be separated until my little ones are with the other girls and a few months older, The roosters I have are BO and the 3 hens are RSL,the 15 babies are BO, These are my new girls from Ideal Poultry Thanks everyone

Question- what is a "BO" hen? I googled it and the results were "Bojangles Chicken Sandwich", which I know is wrong....

Back
Top Bottom