Roosters gonna go bye bye.

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Hegatha, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Hegatha

Hegatha Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2011
    Washington
    So I have decided my white crested blue polish rooster is gonna have to go. Hes just to aggressive toward me and some of the hens. I would get another rooster but are limit is one. He was my favorite one and its sad but I cant have aggression like that in my coop.

2. allpeepedout

allpeepedout Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Too bad. [​IMG]

If you like him and have an interest, you might try the techniques posted on BYC for breaking rooster aggression. Works for some and worked like a charm for mine but I stopped the aggression immediately rather than letting it go on. Like anything, takes a bit of will, skill, and persistence.

Forgot to add: Mine was also very violent when he first started mating but that has completely changed over the course of two months a he and the pullets have figured out what they are doing. Now things are very harmonious. I was ready to get rid of him the first day I heard pullets screaming and found lots of feathers, but then I did some research and many people say their roos chill out.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by