roosters one eye got bigger !!! help please

kriz the farmer

Songster
May 14, 2018
delhi
i noticed when my rooster and i was playing he got scared from a rod and his one eye was looking bigger since than his eyes suddenly gets too bigger as they are about to come out

The only thing I could even venture to guess would be either a genetic defect or past injury. Possibly related to either the muscle or blood pressure, but you would have to take him to a vet to find out for sure.

I would think your biggest risks maybe that it could become easily infected from irritation or something getting stuck in the eye socket, or a slimmer chance that if it does that to often the muscles may weaken to the piont the eye dislodges from the socket.

Basically the eyeball it's self can't enlarge randomly but it can appear to enlarge if an internal cuase is pushing it outward. Judging by your limited information it doesn't sound infected currently, though I would watch for signs of discharge or irritation just in case. I would guess that an internal irritation (like an infect or something lodged in the eye) could cuase similar symptoms but I would expect them to be more continuous not sporadic and mos likely with discharge from the eye or the chicken being obviously irritated.

Unless you are able (willing) to take your boy to the vet your best approach right now may be just a "wait and watch" so long as no other symptoms or issues arise it doesn't sound like there is much else to do at the moment.

I hope someone else can give you more advice.

The only thing I could even venture to guess would be either a genetic defect or past injury. Possibly related to either the muscle or blood pressure, but you would have to take him to a vet to find out for sure.

I would think your biggest risks maybe that it could become easily infected from irritation or something getting stuck in the eye socket, or a slimmer chance that if it does that to often the muscles may weaken to the piont the eye dislodges from the socket.

Basically the eyeball it's self can't enlarge randomly but it can appear to enlarge if an internal cuase is pushing it outward. Judging by your limited information it doesn't sound infected currently, though I would watch for signs of discharge or irritation just in case. I would guess that an internal irritation (like an infect or something lodged in the eye) could cuase similar symptoms but I would expect them to be more continuous not sporadic and mos likely with discharge from the eye or the chicken being obviously irritated.

Unless you are able (willing) to take your boy to the vet your best approach right now may be just a "wait and watch" so long as no other symptoms or issues arise it doesn't sound like there is much else to do at the moment.

I hope someone else can give you more advice.
well i have washed his eye and now its rarely get big but still his face appears to be smaller according his eyes

there is no vet here

Can you clarify if the eye is getting bigger or the area around the eye gets bigger? Does he have any signs of a respiratory sinus disease, such as sneeze, cough, drainage or mucus from the nostrils, or wheezing?

Can you clarify if the eye is getting bigger or the area around the eye gets bigger? Does he have any signs of a respiratory sinus disease, such as sneeze, cough, drainage or mucus from the nostrils, or wheezing?
he sneeze 2 to 4 times in a day or sometimes once in two days but not very often

and i meant that the area around the eyes seems to be streached

Back
Top Bottom