Roosters picking order

ALH66

Chirping
Mar 13, 2023
Missouri
I have 2 roosters, same age a little over 4 months. They have gotten along till today. One is now in high testosterone mode, now the other is stand backish and not wanting to be near the other. He walks slowly and looks a little depressed around Mr testosterone. Is this a normal thing ?
Thanks for any info

Yeah, it's pretty normal for the looser to feel, well, defeated. Some males take loosing really badly, others take it ok, and others don't mind too much. Yours are still pretty young, so I'd be surprised if your guy stays bummed out for long

He may be injured, or just being subordinate.
Yes, it's normal....and time to think about getting rid of one or both the males, depending on your goals for your flock.

He may be injured, or just being subordinate.
Yes, it's normal....and time to think about getting rid of one or both the males, depending on your goals for your flock.
Actually the one who's feelings is hurt has a new home tomorrow anyway with his own 8 ladies. He's not hurt just his ego I guess.

Yeah, it's pretty normal for the looser to feel, well, defeated. Some males take loosing really badly, others take it ok, and others don't mind too much. Yours are still pretty young, so I'd be surprised if your guy stays bummed out for long
Yes I thought they were pretty young for that too, but my Batum roo now has the redness on his legs and acting pretty cocky . Thanks for help

Back
Top Bottom