Roosters with a foot (shoe) fetish

The only time mine seem to react is if I go out early in the AM (in warmer weather!) wearing my flannel pants with the red hearts or the all red ones. The rooster hates those pants with a passion! He will attack the chicken wire run fencing trying to get at those pants. Tho I have heard that roosters don't like red. I don't even try to go in the run on those days, just open up the shed and get the eggs. They have pecked at my daughter's toe ring when she wears sandals. And they will peck at my shoes or clothes, but pretty much anything I wear.

My Silky roo, Harry, hates my son's shoes, not sure why, but he goes after them. My husband was also convinced Harry hated HIM, but it was the fact that he wears a lot of red (Tampa Bay Buccaneers fan - Florida transplants).

deb g
KY

With all the comments about the color red, I think I'll wear my red sweat shirt when I feed the chickens tomorrow, just to see what happens.... I wonder what the neighbors will think if I wear my rubber boots and a football helmet also.
lol.png

If I survive, I'll report back tomorrow.
tongue.png

Mikey

Back
Top Bottom