Roosters!

Alexis Roberts

Hatching
May 23, 2017
Hello, My name is Alexis and i recently got 6 chicks from tractor supply. My family and i have begun to realize we might have 4 roosters and 2 hens but aren't sure and know we will have to give some up. Is there anyone who can help me figure out what i have and where we can give our boys away where they won't become someones dinner?? (We have Road Island Red's)

Thank you!!

I hope you the best on your adventure and your chicks!

1. Hi there! You can call me CC! I decided not to put my real name out there. Welcome to BYC! I hope you enjoy it; I know I do. I am a homeschooler, working on having a homestead, and I own a farming blog with my sister.
  2. www.bootsandchickenpoop.wix.com/mysite

I love the song "Fearless" (I forgot who it's from! :lol:), I love the country and Tennessee. I have a bunny, 12 chickens, 2 ducks, 4 cats, 2 dogs and one Fancy Goldfish. (I don't think I'm forgetting anyone! :lau)

P.S
    My phone has been going a little wacky, so it might look weird! :p

1. Hi there! You can call me CC! I decided not to put my real name out there. Welcome to BYC! I hope you enjoy it; I know I do. I am a homeschooler, working on having a homestead, and I own a farming blog with my sister.

I love the song "Fearless" (I forgot who it's from! :lol:), I love the country and Tennessee. I have a bunny, 12 chickens, 2 ducks, 4 cats, 2 dogs and one Fancy Goldfish. (I don't think I'm forgetting anyone! :lau)

P.S

HI! I did the same thing from Tractor Supply. I did Bantams and out of 6 chicks, 2 turned out to be roosters. I got 4 Sebrights, 1 EE (I think) and 1 D'Uccle. I knew around 8 weeks that two of the Sebrights were roosters when they started to make a loud squeak. They also stand more erect and turn their necks and heads up to try and crow. Around this time the combs started to change and you could tell the two roosters had larger combs. They are 11 weeks old now and they are both in the house Florida room until I decide what to do with them or find someone to take them. I also did Silkies two weeks after the initial group....I'm still guessing on those. :barnie

P.S
I love it CC..We also have a pack here consisting of14 chickens , 6 ducks,. 2 guinea fowl, 2 dogs, a hedgehog, a ball python, goldfish pond and cichlid aquarium..I'm hoping to start a homestead as soon as I sell my house, hopefully soon. Since, I got my eye on 10 acres I don't want to get away.

That's a lot!
We must be a lot a like. We hope to get a pond with fish (I'm not sure what fish we would get, but I have an idea. ;)), we have our eyes on 10 acres, and we are moving into a new house too! :th

Well, you are going to move in a new house.

Back
Top Bottom