1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Roosters?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Sylverfly, Aug 11, 2013.

1. Sylverfly

Sylverfly Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2009
    Northeastern Michigan
    So I'm thinking the 2 wheaten Ameraucana in the front are both roosters one wheaten and one blue wheaten. I was hoping the blue ones a hen so I don't have to re-home anyone but its not looking good to me. I think I have 2 roos here. Someone tell me I'm
    wrong!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Yes, they're both roosters.

3. Tricoglossus

Tricoglossus Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2012
    Perth, Western Australia
    X2

4. 808Carlson

808Carlson Out Of The Brooder

Jul 19, 2013
    Hawaii
    Hi! I hope I can post this here.. not sure how to start a new thread?
    I am new here but I'm just wondering if I could get your opinions on the sex of my chickys. I ordered 10 female 1 day old chicks from Meyer Hatchery (born on a Monday and picked them up at 6am Wednesday) I ordered 2 of each kind: a BO, FBCM, EE, RIR, and W.Leghorns. Unfortunately 1 RIR was doa :(
    But the other 9 are thriving and healthy and are 4 weeks old tomorrow! :)
    But as they get bigger I'm starting to get a little scared that 3 of them might be roos! One of my BO had very slow wing feathering when he was 10 days old we fondly nicknamed her Stubby cause her wings were stubby in comparison to the other Bo and is still a Lil behind her even now.
    In my neighborhood I'm not allowed to have any roosters so I've been sadly trying to console myself that I will probably have to get rid of her if it's a him (hoping a good home will want him on Craigslist). Then I'd be down to 8 chickens... but now I'm worried about one of my EE's, she's definitely the one that challenges the others the most.. though some fight back when she does. She also has white feathering coming in with some rust on her back but her comb looks the same color as the other so its hard for me to tell.
    Lastly I'm worried about my RIR she doesn't let the other chickens boss her around and she has a definite comb but not sure if its normal because I don't have any siblings of her to compare her to.
    Just trying to mentally prepare and need to find rehousing for them because roosters aren't allowed in anywhere close to my town.
    Any help would be very much appreciated!!!
    Mahalo :)

My 2 EE's

This is Penny Lane
    [​IMG]

Penny Lanes close up
    [​IMG]

This is Charley
    [​IMG]

And a close up of Charleys feathers
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I will try and get some pics of the my BO and RIR... Hoping there not all roosters! :(

5. chickita12

chickita12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2013
    808Carlson- can you get some close-up pics of their comb?Good Luck! BTW you start a new thread by clicking "start a new thread" at the top of the page.It is right above this thread!

6. ClucksAndPeeps

ClucksAndPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2013
    Both roosters.

7. ClucksAndPeeps

ClucksAndPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2013
    All hens.

8. Sylverfly

Apr 29, 2009
    Northeastern Michigan
    My thread was Hijacked, lol. This could get confusing!

9. Sylverfly

Apr 29, 2009
    Northeastern Michigan
    And also, DANG! I don't need 2 roosters! [​IMG] So whats prettier a blue wheaten or a normal wheaten rooster?

10. LAYINGCHICKENZ4

LAYINGCHICKENZ4 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 10, 2013
    Blue Wheaten to me but both roos

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by