Roosters?

Sylverfly

Songster
10 Years
Apr 29, 2009
Northeastern Michigan
So I'm thinking the 2 wheaten Ameraucana in the front are both roosters one wheaten and one blue wheaten. I was hoping the blue ones a hen so I don't have to re-home anyone but its not looking good to me. I think I have 2 roos here. Someone tell me I'm
wrong!

Hi! I hope I can post this here.. not sure how to start a new thread?
I am new here but I'm just wondering if I could get your opinions on the sex of my chickys. I ordered 10 female 1 day old chicks from Meyer Hatchery (born on a Monday and picked them up at 6am Wednesday) I ordered 2 of each kind: a BO, FBCM, EE, RIR, and W.Leghorns. Unfortunately 1 RIR was doa :(
But the other 9 are thriving and healthy and are 4 weeks old tomorrow! :)
But as they get bigger I'm starting to get a little scared that 3 of them might be roos! One of my BO had very slow wing feathering when he was 10 days old we fondly nicknamed her Stubby cause her wings were stubby in comparison to the other Bo and is still a Lil behind her even now.
In my neighborhood I'm not allowed to have any roosters so I've been sadly trying to console myself that I will probably have to get rid of her if it's a him (hoping a good home will want him on Craigslist). Then I'd be down to 8 chickens... but now I'm worried about one of my EE's, she's definitely the one that challenges the others the most.. though some fight back when she does. She also has white feathering coming in with some rust on her back but her comb looks the same color as the other so its hard for me to tell.
Lastly I'm worried about my RIR she doesn't let the other chickens boss her around and she has a definite comb but not sure if its normal because I don't have any siblings of her to compare her to.
Just trying to mentally prepare and need to find rehousing for them because roosters aren't allowed in anywhere close to my town.
Any help would be very much appreciated!!!
Mahalo :)

My 2 EE's

This is Penny Lane

Penny Lanes close up

This is Charley

And a close up of Charleys feathers

I will try and get some pics of the my BO and RIR... Hoping there not all roosters! :(

808Carlson- can you get some close-up pics of their comb?Good Luck! BTW you start a new thread by clicking "start a new thread" at the top of the page.It is right above this thread!

So I'm thinking the 2 wheaten Ameraucana in the front are both roosters one wheaten and one blue wheaten. I was hoping the blue ones a hen so I don't have to re-home anyone but its not looking good to me. I think I have 2 roos here. Someone tell me I'm
wrong!

Both roosters.

Hi! I hope I can post this here.. not sure how to start a new thread?
I am new here but I'm just wondering if I could get your opinions on the sex of my chickys. I ordered 10 female 1 day old chicks from Meyer Hatchery (born on a Monday and picked them up at 6am Wednesday) I ordered 2 of each kind: a BO, FBCM, EE, RIR, and W.Leghorns. Unfortunately 1 RIR was doa
sad.png

But the other 9 are thriving and healthy and are 4 weeks old tomorrow!
smile.png

But as they get bigger I'm starting to get a little scared that 3 of them might be roos! One of my BO had very slow wing feathering when he was 10 days old we fondly nicknamed her Stubby cause her wings were stubby in comparison to the other Bo and is still a Lil behind her even now.
In my neighborhood I'm not allowed to have any roosters so I've been sadly trying to console myself that I will probably have to get rid of her if it's a him (hoping a good home will want him on Craigslist). Then I'd be down to 8 chickens... but now I'm worried about one of my EE's, she's definitely the one that challenges the others the most.. though some fight back when she does. She also has white feathering coming in with some rust on her back but her comb looks the same color as the other so its hard for me to tell.
Lastly I'm worried about my RIR she doesn't let the other chickens boss her around and she has a definite comb but not sure if its normal because I don't have any siblings of her to compare her to.
Just trying to mentally prepare and need to find rehousing for them because roosters aren't allowed in anywhere close to my town.
Any help would be very much appreciated!!!
Mahalo
smile.png

My 2 EE's

This is Penny Lane

Penny Lanes close up

This is Charley

And a close up of Charleys feathers

I will try and get some pics of the my BO and RIR... Hoping there not all roosters!
sad.png

All hens.

Back
Top Bottom