1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Roosters

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by zsquared08, Dec 10, 2013.

1. zsquared08

zsquared08 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 3, 2013
    Hello everyone, question about my boys. I have noticed they are not crowing nearly as much as they used to these past few months ..is it because of the cold weather and snow ? I hear them sometimes from inside the coop maybe real early in the morning but mainly after that it is silent and usually when I am out feeding them or cleaning their coop the one male crows non stop well lately he hasnt made a noise.. they seem to be acting normal otherwise and no visible problems so I wasn't sure if the cold weather/change of seasons caused this ? I am just so used to them crowing non stop all day I actually kind of miss it.. haha (crazy I know)
    Thanks [​IMG]

2. Chicks Galore3

Chicks Galore3 Artistic Bird Nut Premium Member

Dec 16, 2011
    Iowa
    Did they free range before? I find my rooster usually crows when he wants all his ladies to come to him. Lately, it has been too nasty for them to want to be outside, so all of his ladies are where he can see them and so he doesn't feel the need to crow.

3. chickengeorgeto

chickengeorgeto Overrun With Chickens

Dec 25, 2012

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by