Roosters?

Aristal

Hatching
5 Years
Jul 27, 2014
Well it seems my babies are growing, now I seem to have a lot of roosters and would like your take on them as I am still pretty new to telling who is who in the coop!

I know the last photo is a rooster other than that I have some guesses but I'm no expert, any help at all is appreciated!

Well it seems my babies are growing, now I seem to have a lot of roosters and would like your take on them as I am still pretty new to telling who is who in the coop!

I know the last photo is a rooster other than that I have some guesses but I'm no expert, any help at all is appreciated!
I hate to say it but this one may be your only hen.

WELCOME TO BYC!

welcome-byc.gif

How old are the birds? I'm also seeing pretty much all cockerels. The buff may be a pullet, we'll need age and a better profile picture to be sure.

To be honest they range in age we bought most of the barred and new hampshire(minus one he was 3 weeks old) as chicks in May a couple more barred about a month later, the buffs as well, also another question how do you tell white orpingtons apart? most of ours look identical they have very small combs and waddles, and are probably may or june hatch not sure.

Thanks for the info.

I agree with the above, probs only 1 pullet?

just to add, that is one GORGEOUS buff orpington cockerel! I absolutely love him! You should breed the two together if they end up a pair.... the sun hit him so perfectly it creates a beautoful color. *walks away awed at such perfection*

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom