Roosterwith frostbite!

poor baby. I, too, would leave the comb alone. It will turn black and fall off. I would worry about the rest of him, and maybe get him an oral antibiotic.

Well Sadly at 11:30 pm he passed away. I sat with him until his finally moments.
At 11 he started shaking really bad, so I sat with him.
He was more then just a rooster to me, he was a pet. He loved to be carried around and would follow me all around the yard.

i'm so sorry to hear that
sad.png
i'm sorry i didn't see this post sooner or i'd of commented long ago i've been sick and busy with 3 of my 5 sick kid's. my thing has been logged in but i haven't been reading much on here lately i haven't read all the posts but most of them now.

i have a silkie pullet who has frostbite of both feet. we have been giveing her antibiotics in her waterer, vitamins and elecrolytes, and asprin and we bath her or clean with sterile saline. we where useing bag balm on her feet with bandages till we knew that she didn't have any infection pulling out since we have been keeping it dry bandages. she has made it thus far to our surprise since she will loose a whole foot and part of that leg and about 3/4 of the other foot. we have removed some of the dead tissues to help her healing progress and had to amputate 4 of her toes now. we let her heal and mend as much as possible on her own but once it was to brittle and breaking from her weight we had to do something.

she is eating and everything good too. she has made it now from the day it happened about 1.5 mths now roughly but we didn't see it till about a week or so ago whatever day i posted here about it. i seriously think ur poor boy either had gangrene, was in shock or to much stress mabe or possibly a secondary infection u didn't know he had. i've seen first hand how horrible frostbite is and it's really hard on them i don't wish it on anyone or anything it's truely aweful. u tried everything u knew how to and stayed with him to the end and he knows u loved him and cared deaply for him, sometimes that's all any of us can do to help them.

i'm saying all this so if it happens again to someone else i've been through it. these things worked for us to help snow mabe it will for others as well. i know how dear my sweet snow is to me and i'd be lost without her. again i'm very sorry you lost such a great pet, he was very beautiful and i've been there too just not this time around. i know this is to late to help u but mabe the info will help to save someone elses beloved pet someday.
hugs,
silkie

I just heard the news. I'm so sorry marebear07. Our animals in some ways are like family . . . we see them every day, so it is particularly painful to feel their absence.

Back
Top Bottom