Roosting in the wrong place

Harmoni

Songster
Jan 20, 2021
Central Florida
So is this a protection thing? She is the top pecking order hen. This is the situation every night. She sits on the edge of the poop board facing the door.

Attachments

• IMG_20210713_205639683.jpg
    IMG_20210713_205639683.jpg
    415.2 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20210713_205647967.jpg
    IMG_20210713_205647967.jpg
    547.4 KB · Views: 4
I cannot tell exactly how much room is on the roost. But, from what I can tell there is room, but looks a little bit crowded maybe. And, being in Florida in July she may be cooler there by herself, and that is more important to her than being on the highest level right now.

Then, there is always the fact that chickens going to be chickens and what they do is just what they do and we never understand why. lol

I cannot tell exactly how much room is on the roost. But, from what I can tell there is room, but looks a little bit crowded maybe. And, being in Florida in July she may be cooler there by herself, and that is more important to her than being on the highest level right now.

Then, there is always the fact that chickens going to be chickens and what they do is just what they do and we never understand why. lol
Lol. She has a lot of room on the other side which is also near the exhaust fan that pulls cooler air from the pop door. I imagine it is probably hotter there with all the other birds near her.
Sometimes when we come to close up the coop, she will then hop up on the roost bar.

Lol. She has a lot of room on the other side which is also near the exhaust fan that pulls cooler air from the pop door. I imagine it is probably hotter there with all the other birds near her.
Sometimes when we come to close up the coop, she will then hop up on the roost bar.
Heck, maybe she is on guard duty. lol

Back
Top Bottom