roosting on outdoor furniture

chick4chix

Songster
11 Years
Jun 4, 2009
So Cal
Hi- I'm new to posting but have visited this site for over a year enjoying all the info.
Does anyone have tips on how to keep chickens off the patio furniture when they are allowed to free-range around it? They seem to find it as irresistible to sit on as I do- except with chicken poo on it it is less than inviting.

If they are going to free range, they are gonna poop on the patio furniture.

BTW... welcome to
welcome-byc.gif
from all of us in AZ.

Thanks for all the welcomes! I just figured out how to read the comments to my post- This site Rocks! I was out putting a coat of oil on my outdoor table today only to look over and see two of the girls doing their "scratch dance" on the chair- leaving behind a token of their appreciation too. They are just too darned fun to watch to make them stay off somewhere where I can't see them. But I may change my mind if the maintenance becomes too much.
After waiting and dreaming for years and years and years- I finally have my very own flock of 8 week old chicks:
they are Roobe- the GLW (we hope she is not a roo) but she might be- hence the name- the most friendly and follows me like a puppy.
Halo - an EE - she almost didn't make it- she's our miracle girl.
Bratty bird- an EE - formally known as Betty Boop until she became a brat - she's hilarious though - her other name is "hit and run" cause that's what she does to all the others.
Sweetie Pie- a SLW- she is sweet.
Miss Kitty - an EE with a full muff- she had tiger stripes
Peanut- an Ee - used to be the smallest and now almost the largest
So there you have my little flock of feathers from heaven- I will post their photos soon when I figure it all out.

Back
Top Bottom