Roosting on top of the coop!

So from what I am seeing here....
Small run/coop combo with a fenced area for more space using the chicken wire. Correct me if I am wrong please.

I don't see anything shading the coop but abundant sunshine. Have you cut vents into the coop? It could be quite hot inside with stale air.

How many birds using this coop? If there are more than 4 including your Sebrights it could be they are getting pushed out due to how tiny they are.
Just read there are 4 silkies too....

It doesn't have to be the greatest it just needs to be effective. ;)
You have another coop? Any reason you cannot move them in now?
I will see if i can build a shade spot... I am currently working on the other coop/it is occupied by another roos flock. I will switch them in a couple days. If i can make the small coop/run better i may keep the sebrights/silkies in there for a while. I guess i will see. Thanks!

I will see if i can build a shade spot... I am currently working on the other coop/it is occupied by another roos flock. I will switch them in a couple days. If i can make the small coop/run better i may keep the sebrights/silkies in there for a while. I guess i will see. Thanks!
and, i didnt get it in the pic, but in the nesting area there is 1 small vent, and 1 medium vent. Shade is under the nesting area, but i will build some sort of shade outside.

Long term it may help to look at turning that entire structure into a coop and adding a bigger attached run to it. I have seen some really good conversions doing that.

Long term it may help to look at turning that entire structure into a coop and adding a bigger attached run to it. I have seen some really good conversions doing that.
ok, I just added a shade spot, i may be planning on relocatin the whole coop and run into some grass under a tree, but for now, i didnt have much to work with. So I just put 2 5 gallon buckets across from eachother, put some ply wood above it, a waterer in it, and now its a good size shade spot for now!

ok, I just added a shade spot, i may be planning on relocatin the whole coop and run into some grass under a tree, but for now, i didnt have much to work with. So I just put 2 5 gallon buckets across from eachother, put some ply wood above it, a waterer in it, and now its a good size shade spot for now!

Good job! That is thinking!

Might want to throw a few heavy rocks in each bucket to keep them from getting tipped.

I have screwed plywood to sawhorses before for urgent shade needs myself.

Haha! It works though!
DSC_3613.JPG
DSC_3614.JPG

Haha! It works though!
That will help some.
Might add a 3rd bucket on one end for stability.
Tho I suppose sebrights are not heavy enough to tip the wood if they jump up there..

Welcome to BYC! @Peckyweck01
Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
1599047965300.png

That will help some.
Might add a 3rd bucket on one end for stability.
Tho I suppose sebrights are not heavy enough to tip the wood if they jump up there..

Welcome to BYC! @Peckyweck01
Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
View attachment 2317114
West coast. OR. End of summer

Back
Top Bottom