RopaPoultry Oregano Oil Supplement

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by jonezjollyfarm, Nov 5, 2015.

1. jonezjollyfarm

jonezjollyfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2015
    Illinois
    Anyone ever used this? I ordered some and mixed it with water as thr directions say and it created suds like it was soap??? I always rinse my jugs and waterers before refilling so I know there was no soap in them... what gives?

2. Mahlzeit

Mahlzeit Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2007
    Long Island NY
    Never used it or even heard of it but I will bump it back up to the top for you. What made you get it?

3. jonezjollyfarm

Apr 19, 2015
    Illinois
    I'm overly paranoid my girls are going to fall ill. It's an all natural preventive. I just wish I could get sone answers. I emailed the company that makes it and the company I purchased it from and nothing. [​IMG]

4. jonezjollyfarm

Apr 19, 2015
    Illinois
    I did get a response from the sellers and they said it's normal if anyone was wondering.

5. MyPetChicken

MyPetChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2007

I'm glad you received a quick reply. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Alex
    My Pet Chicken

6. jonezjollyfarm

Apr 19, 2015
    Illinois
    Oh don't say that. I have a question for every minute of the day. Lol its a real problem

7. MyPetChicken

MyPetChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2007

I know the feeling. :) Let me re-phrase, let me know if you have anymore chicken questions. I'm happy to help anyway I can.

Thank you,
    Alex
    My Pet Chicken

8. Folly's place

Folly's place Overrun With Chickens

Sep 13, 2011
    southern Michigan
    There's no quality control at all over these types of products, so you really have no way of knowing what's actually in them, or what they might do. Best to practice good management, and feed quality feed, and skip suppliments. Mary

9. jonezjollyfarm

Apr 19, 2015
    Illinois
    I have yet to have any issues with a supplement. I mainly stick to electrolytes and probiotics.

10. BetteDavis

BetteDavis Just Hatched

Apr 24, 2014
    I use it. It almost certainly has a surfactant added so the oils mix with the water, which will create suds. If it didn't, the oils would separate from the water, making the product pretty useless.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by