Rose comb brown leghorns

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Rocky Top Chick, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Rocky Top Chick

Rocky Top Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2009
    North Carolina
    Anyone have a picture of a rose comb brown leghorn. I picked up at TS three chicks which I thought were EE's, they had the muff and the coloring, but yellow legs. After doing some research I noted that they all had rose combs and their legs are still yellow at 4 weeks. After more searching I believe I have rose comb brown leghorns. Don't have a picture, can't find the connection from camera to computer. UGH......

2. Rocky Top Chick

Feb 2, 2009
    North Carolina
    Anyone have a rose comb brown leghorn?

3. Old Rando

Old Rando Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 5, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Leghorns don't have muffs. Rose comb brown leghorns are identical to single combed ones just comb difference.

4. Domestic_goddess

Domestic_goddess Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    Utah
    I have 2 of them just 6 weeks old! I've posted about them before and haven't gotten much responce. So far, I'm not sure how I feel about the breed. They are real skittish and scared of me and it really doesn't matter how much I hold them. I hear they are flighty, I'm making a seprate coop just for them, but I here they are great egg layers of white eggs-so that's a plus. I took these pictures of them today, I hope it helps! They are Gorgeous birds, aren't they?

They were a week or so old in this pic.
    [​IMG]

Here they are Today at 6 weeks old.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's a pic I found online of an Adult brown leghorn hen.
    [​IMG]

5. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    I don't think leghorns come in rose comb? All the photos posted show single combs.

6. Old Rando

Old Rando Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 5, 2008
    Southern Indiana
  7. Rocky Top Chick

Feb 2, 2009
    North Carolina
    These definitely have muffs and look exactly like my EE with the exception of rose comb and yellow legs. I must have some type of mutant chicken ( : Will try and get a picture.

8. Chicks R Friends NOT Food

Chicks R Friends NOT Food Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Chariho RI
    I'mnewtothis :

Don't have a picture, can't find the connection from camera to computer. UGH......

I have the same problem, all my pics are old now.​

9. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    I've had one rosecomb brown leghorn in the past, and she looked just like the single-combed one pictured above, except with a rose comb. Very pretty, very shy. Never any sign of a muff.

10. Rocky Top Chick

Feb 2, 2009
    North Carolina
    Thanks for all the replies. I am now rethinking this and think maybe I have some type of game birds. These are actually very friendly and love to be held.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by