1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Roster attack?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by The Red Rooster, Aug 15, 2011.

1. The Red Rooster

The Red Rooster Poultry Observer

Does anyone have a roster that has attacked? Whats you story about that? Lol!

2. luvinrunnin

luvinrunnin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2011
    Our SLW rooster attacked me. My daughter said he attacked her a time or two also. He came behind me when I was going out of the pen, and when I went to bop him, he went out the door. So hubby chased him around the pen and back around to me, where he tried to get me again. Put his spur THROUGH my jeans and left a hole in my leg but NOT my jeans!!! I bopped him good. What I found was that the more I went after him, the more aggressive he got. Since that day, I don't stare him down or anything, just go in, feed them and collect eggs and I've not had anymore trouble with him.

There are some here that recommend getting ahold of the rooster, hold him down, or upside down until he quits fighting and show him you are alpha. For me, not antagonizing mine is working just fine. However, if he starts up again, he will go to the sale.

3. Meghalu

Meghalu Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2011
    The Okanagan
    There are many, many stories about roosters attacking people on here, and many of them end with the rooster going to freezer camp.

4. kera!

kera! Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2011
    Navajo County
    mine just went to camp..[​IMG]

5. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    He fed the family. One strike and you are out in my book when children are involved. Tasted great-- coq u vin. [​IMG]

6. The Red Rooster

Quote:Lol!!

7. The Red Rooster

kera! :

mine just went to camp..[​IMG]

Lol! I'm glad our roster doesn't attack. If he did.. well lets not talk about that Lol!!​

8. The Red Rooster

Quote:Our's did when I was little! He stuck his spurs into our legs.. OUCH!

9. The Red Rooster

Quote:Ours went to the eletric guy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by