rotating and basement question

SevenWinds

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 26, 2009
Eastern Pennsylvania
Hello! I've been all over this site before joining tonight. We set 32 eggs in a Hovabator still air with automatic turner last night. We are going to try and make our own hatcher based on all of the info on here because one shipment of Buff Orp eggs was held up. They should arrive tomorrow, but the others were getting old.

The humidity is around 45% and the temp between 99 and 101. We are worried about temp fluctutaions- the outside temp cracked 90 today in the NE. It will become more humid in upcoming weeks.

Questions:

Do we open the hovabator every night and rotate the eggs from left front to right rear in the turner because it is still air?

Would we be better off moving the incubator to the basement now or next time because it stays relatively the same temp (50 degrees) and same humidity as opposed to our first floor? I read different things about basement placement.

I would appreciate any opinions or experiences.... we are very hopeful! I have a 9 y-o son with a tender heart so we are hoping for some type of success on first try
smile.png

welcome-byc.gif

Yes I would move the incubator to the room with the least fluctuations so if the basement is it.. then put it there.

As far as moving them because it is still air. I've used still air for the past year and never did that I've had good hatches. I think the less you disturb the eggs the better so I wouldnt recommend that. Since you have a turner, the only reason you should open is to add water if needed for humidity.

Happy Hatching!

nancy

Back
Top Bottom