Hi first time posting here but here it goes. This is my 2nd batch of chickens im hatching. Yesterday I noticed a smell (very strong death smell) and thought it may be coming from the incubator which it was - there was a egg open stinking out the incubator - so I didn't know what to do but know I needed to get rid of the contaminated egg . At this point they were on lockdown day 21 - so quickly gave it a clean with warm water whilst the eggs sat to one side (changed the non slip map and papertowels) and wiped down the eggs . Today day 22 this morning saw a pip in one of the eggs and a hr later hatched out. My question is do I take the chick out or wait to see if any more hatch? (as im worried there is residue somewhere??) There is no pips currently, I guess what im worried about is the egg that I guess (exploded?) will contaminate the chicks? . I might add that I was struggling to get the humidity up on the incubator come lockdown day so had to open it to spray it to bring it up- also added a wet papertowel in their to raise it (was this the right thing to do?) . The humidity is set at 65% at currently at 62% , the sponge is moist and papertowels look moist too - will the hatched chick get a chill? . I stored the eggs in the fridge prior to hatching (left out for a day to bring to room temperature) .Sorry my post is a little bit every where, any help will be appreciated , thankyou.